Our client is a successful financial services company that is currently looking for a Tax Manager to join their team. This position will lead the income tax area and work on other projects. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a family-first culture, great work/life balance, excellent benefits, long-tenured employees and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will work fully in-office in the greater Madison area.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing the income tax function. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Tax Manager will be responsible for the timely estimated tax payments and timely preparation and filing of income tax returns.
- Manage the preparation of tax account reconciliations, documentation necessary for annual reporting and maintaining accuracy and integrity of the general ledger with respect to all taxes.
- Responsible for the quarterly calculation, analysis, and sign-off on federal tax provisions, including managing the annual third-party audit of the company tax provisions.
- Manage controls over the tax provision processes and testing of those controls under the Financial Reporting Compliance Controls (FRCC) structure.
- Generate and review tax savings strategies, including assessing the feasibility and technical tax authority supporting such strategies.
- Serve as an expert resource to business unit actuaries, CFOs, and financial reporting associates regarding tax liability and expense issues.
- Act as a tax subject matter expert and resource for the organization in regards to tax accounting, valuation, and financial reporting in general.
- The Tax Manager will perform other tax projects and analysis as needed.
The Tax Manager will possess the following:
- The Tax Manager will have 5+ years of related experience; public accounting experience preferred.
- A strong understanding of Statutory and GAAP accounting principles and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in business, trusts, and estates preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and experience with tax software.
- The Tax Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer