Our client is a successful Global Manufacturing company that is looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting to join their team. This opportunity is newly created due to company growth! With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, laid-back environment and great benefits. They pride themselves on being able to provide their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position comes with competitive pay and the ability to work a hybrid schedule in either the Milwaukee or Chicago office.
The Technical Accounting Manager will manage the company’s technical accounting function and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Technical Accounting Manager will perform research and analysis on complex technical accounting and reporting issues.
- Researching US GAAP and applicable SEC rules and regulations to resolve and document the accounting and reporting for complex technical issues.
- Implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting rules.
- Monitor changes in the accounting environment and proactively research and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the company’s financial statements.
- Maintain compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding technical accounting and policy.
- Support the company’s external auditors performing quarterly reviews and the annual audit with respect to technical accounting issues.
- Participate in writing and training on global accounting policies and procedures.
- Serve as technical resource to other areas of the company.
- The Technical Accounting Manager will participate in special projects as required.
The Technical Accounting Manager will possess the following:
- The Technical Accounting Manager will have 6+ years’ accounting experience; public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and familiarity with financial reporting tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- The Technical Accounting Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer