Staff Accountant (38862)
Our client is a leading supply chain and distribution services organization in the greater Chicago area that is adding a Staff Accountant to their team! This position comes with great benefits including a very flexible- work schedule (fully remote!), unlimited PTO and tons of room to move and grow within the company.
- Gathers and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries and document business transactions.
- Prepares P&L statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations with relevant line item detail and supporting documentation.
- Observes, receives, and obtains information from relevant sources to understand and support financial transactions..
- Maintains and coordinates implementation of appropriate accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes and reviews budgets and expenditures.
- Recommends appropriate budget levels, and ensures expenditure control.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Analyzes, documents, and communicates revenue, expenditure and balance sheet trends and variances.
- Interacts with business units and controller group to resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Develops productive working relationships with immediate and extended finance team, including functional support teams.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains financial databases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Inputs financial data and processes reports using company automated financial systems.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Adheres to company policies, practices and procedures, GAAP, and SOX standards.
- 1+ years accounting experience; 2+ years of experience preferred
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management
Equal Opportunity Employer