Location: Chicago, Illinois
Sector: Accounting & Finance
Employment Type: Permanent
Job ID: 38142
Date Added: 06/06/2023
Our client is a large real estate organization that is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity to work with a great mentor who wants to see the company’s employees excel. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, excellent benefits and values a strong work/life balance. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will work onsite in the greater Chicago area.
The Staff Accountant will perform the day-to-day accounting activities for the organization. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Staff Accountant will prepare monthly financial reporting and assist with transmission of monthly financial results.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and budget analysis.
- Maintain the general ledger system.
- Perform analysis of financial data, investigate fluctuations and prepare appropriate commentary or explanations for management.
- Assist with month-end, quarter end, and year end close processes as needed.
- The Staff Accountant will perform other duties as assigned.
The Staff Accountant will possess the following:
- The Staff Accountant will have 1-2+ years’ accounting experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- The Staff Accountant will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and/or actively pursuing CPA certification preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer