Our client is a successful tax firm that is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join their team. This is the perfect opportunity to become a key member of the Finance department. This position comes with a great work/life balance with flexibility. The company closes on Fridays for half of the year to give employees time to disconnect. This position will work a hybrid schedule at the location, right outside of Minneapolis.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns.
- Prepare federal and state S corporate tax returns for S and C corporation and partnerships.
- Manage internal policies regarding tax compliance requirements.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor tax staff on projects and assess performance.
- Prepare Tax returns for non-profits and trusts.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the department’s tax area.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
The Senior Tax Accountant will possess the following:
- · 3+ years of experience in public accounting
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- · Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Access. Experience with tax software.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- · CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer