Senior Project Accountant
Location: New Berlin, Wisconsin
Sector: Accounting & Finance
Employment Type: Permanent
Job ID: 38102
Date Added: 06/03/2023
Our client is a growing construction company that is currently looking for a Senior Project Accountant to join their team to assist with a new program implementation. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, strong benefits, great work/life balance, and opportunity for advancement within the organization. This position will work fully in-office in the greater Milwaukee area but offers great flexibility.
The Senior Project Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Project Accountant will compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Monitor cash balances for portfolio and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Prepare and maintain ongoing cash flow reports.
- Manage month end close, including preparing all journal entries/accruals necessary to complete assigned monthly financials.
- Prepare monthly management fee billing/reimbursement information for payment by owner.
- Maintain depreciation/amortization schedules.
- Review and approve Accounts Payable invoices for coding accuracy and Account Receivable payment application for accuracy.
- Interface with building management and owner representatives on financial and operational issues.
- Account for key financial aspects of the property including real estate tax payments and monitoring of letters of credits.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and other financial reports as requested.
- The Senior Property Accountant will assist with other duties and special projects as assigned.
The Senior Project Accountant will possess the following:
- The Senior Project Accountant will have 2+ years’ full-cycle accounting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general ledger, internal controls and US GAAP requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including advance knowledge of Excel. Experience with Yardi a plus.
- The Senior Property Accountant will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Equal Opportunity Employer