Senior Internal Auditor
Location: West Bend
Sector: Accounting & Finance
Employment Type: Permanent
Job ID: 38154
Date Added: 05/30/2023
Our client is an insurance company that is currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their growing team. This is a hands-on role that will actively lead and/or participate in a variety of audits which includes all phases of audit planning, execution, and communication of results to management. There is a significant opportunity for growth and advancement throughout the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented and laid-back culture. This position is currently working a hybrid schedule of days in the office and remote and can be located in either the greater Madison or West Bend area.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for leading or assisting with financial, operational, and information technology audits at all U.S. and foreign business operations. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Internal Auditor will examine records, documents, transactions and methods for accuracy to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
- Collect and analyze financial and operational data in order to test the adequacy of internal controls, verify compliance with operating procedures or regulatory requirements and evaluate the effectiveness of business processes.
- Assist the Audit Manager in risk assessment, audit planning, and audit program development.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for management.
- Collaborate with the company’s external audit firm on various projects and assignments, as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The Senior Internal Auditor will possess the following:
- The Senior Internal Auditor will have 2+ years’ prior experience.
- Fundamental understanding of business processes, IT systems, risks and controls
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- The Senior Internal Auditor will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology.
- CPA, CIA, CMA or CISA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer