Senior Accountant (38716)
Our client is a leading full-service accounting firm that is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. This is a newly created position due to company growth! The company boasts a team-oriented culture, long tenured employees, great work/life balance and strong benefits. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will be working fully in-office in the greater Milwaukee office. The company offers a flexible work/ life balance and comes with great benefits.
The Senior Accountant will be hands-on and self-motivated as they will deal with a variety of accounting matters for our clients. . The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Accountant will participate in the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules for clients.
- Prepare and review general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare tax returns and reviews with the tax team as needed.
- Assist with the detail work of audits, reviews, compilations, and other assurance services for clients.
- Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- The Senior Accountant will perform other duties as needed.
The Senior Accountant will possess the following:
- The Senior Accountant will have 3+ years’ accounting experience.
- Experience with individual income tax returns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products and accounting software.
- The Senior Accountant will have a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer