Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Sector: Accounting & Finance
Employment Type: Permanent
Job ID: 38173
Date Added: 05/31/2023
Senior Accountant (38173)
Our client, that is a charitable company that supports the community, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is a significant opportunity for growth and advancement. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and competitive benefits. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will work a hybrid schedule with some days in office and some days working from home.
The Senior Accountant will ensure the company’s accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and also serve as an ERP expert to ensure quality business processes meet the needs of the organization and end users. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Senior Accountant interprets operating results as they affect the organization and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and analysis of monthly statements to identify trends, patterns, margins, etc.
- Serve as the company’s business expert for application maintenance of ERP system including training users on system functionality.
- Act as project manager for software roll-outs, support for hardware roll-outs, and special projects related to ERP system.
- Analyze job activity and production variances to ensure jobs are costed and accounted for properly.
- Work with Operations to maintain cost accounting activities including updating standard costs and periodic calculation of applicable overhead rates.
- Ensure asset lists accurately reflect physical assets at the location and leads audits of this information.
- Participate in key month-end closing activities and financial statement preparation.
- Responsible for sales and use tax review and compliance.
- Work with external auditors on all financial and compliance audits.
- The Senior Accountant will perform other duties as assigned.
The Senior Accountant will possess the following:
- The Senior Accountant will have 5+ years of full-cycle accounting experience.
- Demonstrated and working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced computer skills including advanced Excel skills. Experience with ERP systems required.
- The Senior Accountant will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer