Our client is a successful equipment supplier in the greater Chicago market. This company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will be assisting with a NetSuite implementation and will work a hybrid schedule out of the Chicago based office.
- Interprets operating results as they affect the organization and make recommendations for improvement
- Support sales, marketing and manufacturing functions with financial analysis
- Participate in strategic planning process and budgeting process
- Develops accounting principles to comply with GAAP, tax requirements, and SOX requirements
- Administers general accounting, internal auditing, and record retention programs while acting as immediate contact with organization’s independent auditors on accounting matters
- Directs preparation of periodic and yearly financial statements in accordance to GAAP and SEC requirements
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- CPA Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer