Our client is a manufacturing company that is in the Janesville area currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team. Our client is looking for someone who is detailed oriented, works well both independently and in a team, and a strong communicator. This company offers strong teamwork, great time off benefits, and work-life balance opportunities. This position is in office.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Purchasing Manager will analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepare market analysis reports as needed.
- Monitor daily Sales Orders to order new stock.
- Obtain credits for defective stock from suppliers.
- Process customer orders and manufacturer purchase orders for direct equipment sales; work with sales staff as needed on these orders; invoice and track equipment deposits.
- Develop working knowledge of manufacturer product lines and deposit requirements.
- Maintain inventory list of in-stock equipment and publish monthly.
- Balance customer requirements with goal to keep inventory low.
- Perform cycle counts throughout the year and participate in annual physical inventory.
- Backup customer service as needed.
- The Purchasing Manager will perform other duties and special projects as requested.
The Purchasing Manager will possess the following:
- BA/BS in business or related field
- The Purchasing Manager will have 8+ years’ related purchasing experience
- CSP, CSCP, or CCP preferred
- Detailed oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer