Our client is a leading Real Estate Development company in the Greater Minneapolis market who is looking to add a Property Accountant to their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. The casual working environment provides great opportunities for collaboration with rewards and recognition. This position will work a hybrid schedule with some days in the office and some days remote.
The Property Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide support for reviewing non-complying and expiring insurance certificates.
- Perform and review bank account reconciliations on a daily basis.
- Support project management teams during the project life cycle.
- Complete quarter-end analysis of margin reviews, incurred costs, percent complete, and review revenue recognition reports.
- Conduct balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Review monthly project cash flow, assist in preparing project billings, and compiling support for owner funding.
- Create monthly statements for the commercial portion of the portfolio.
- Reconciliation of AUM billings (utility usage fees) with resident payments. Post weekly utility billing statements and track utility usage fee income.
- Ledger reconciliation for residential/commercial portfolio.
- The Property Accountant will be responsible for other special projects as needed.
The Property Accountant will possess the following:
- The Property Accountant will have 1-5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player able to multitask and work independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer