Plant Controller (38961)
Our client is a global manufacturing company that is currently looking for a Plant Controller to join their team. This is the top finance position for a growing plant! This person will partner with local management and corporate finance to drive continuous improvement. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a fun team-oriented culture, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will work a hybrid schedule in the greater Chicago area.
The Plant Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Plant Controller will prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Direct preparation of profit plan and budgets.
- Monitor and recommend inventory control to ensure proper level of inventory items.
- Participate in projects to drive process cost improvements to create efficiency and improve operating cash flow.
- Support bid and proposal process. Prepare current and future cost estimates as well as rate structure simulation.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) internal controls are reviewed, updated, and followed. Coordinate SOX and financial audit testing at the facility.
- The Plant Controller will provide accounting and other financial related assistance to other departments as requested.
- The Plant Controller will assist with other special projects as assigned.
The Plant Controller will possess the following:
- The Plant Controller will have 7+ years’ experience; manufacturing experience required.
- Experience with cost accounting, general accounting and financial planning and forecasting systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- The Plant Controller will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Equal Opportunity Employer