Our client is a large food and beverage manufacturer located in Milwaukee and they are looking to add a Plant Controller to their team. The company is growing rapidly and needs a hands-on controller with great prior experience. This is a great opportunity for a leader who wants to grow with the company. This position will be working fully on-site in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and offers competitive compensation.
The Plant Controller’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement, and corrective actions to ensure facility financial results are optimized.
- Own the company location’s monthly and annual close process in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform monthly and annual Inventory valuation.
- Partner with Corporate Controller and FP&A Director with analysis and key drivers of variances and trends.
- Provide analysis of key performance metrics, shares insights with operations leadership on performance trends.
- Own and improve upon the cost standard setting process (bill of materials, labor, etc.) for enhanced performance reporting, and accurate budgets.
- Direct the preparation and analysis of the annual operating plan, quarterly re-forecasts, capital plan, monthly operating results, trends, and operating forecasts in order to meet facility objectives.
- Assist on individual product costing analysis, including new product development and innovation.
- Prepare and perform the process for the annual standard cost roll.
- Review and present financial and operating metrics to the plant leadership team to drive continuous improvement in plant costs.
- Work closely with leadership and Continuous Improvement Team to identify opportunities and develop strategies, understand internal business operations, and make decisions on process development and implementation to increase efficiencies and create cost savings.
- Assist in investment analysis and decision making in areas such as Capital projects
- Be an effective coach, mentor, and leader for Milwaukee finance team.
The Plant Controller will possess the following:
- 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence tools including Excel.
- Great communication skills and ability to manage a small team.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer