Payroll Manager (38749)
Our client is a large global manufacturing company in the Greater Milwaukee area that is looking for a Payroll Manager to join their team. They are looking for someone with large payroll experience and prior supervisory experience. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, has great benefits, and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will work in the office with the opportunity to work remote one day a week once fully trained.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for the following:
- The Payroll Manager will manage payroll processing for a weekly, biweekly and monthly union and non-union payrolls to ensure the accuracy of the withholdings and deductions associated with taxes, benefits, garnishments, support orders, and items defined in the union collective bargaining agreements.
- Lead the payroll team in responding to inquiries related to payroll and provides guidance on the prevailing laws governing payroll and income taxes, employee benefits, garnishments, reimbursement policies and other statutory pay and related entitlements.
- Balance payroll accounts during processing for reasonableness.
- Prepare all payroll reconciliations, payroll taxes, etc. Identify and investigate any reconciling items and clear timely.
- Monitor payment of payroll taxes on behalf of the company.
- Work with outside firm to effectively administer expat payrolls which include shadow payrolls, tax equalization processes and year-end W2 administration.
- Ensure all payroll procedures, interfaces, and audits are documented.
- Provide continuous training of team to enhance their performance and development. Provide constructive feedback, support, and guidance.
- The Payroll Manager will serve as the primary contact for all payroll-related questions and issues and perform other duties as assigned.
The Payroll Manager will possess the following:
- The Payroll Manager will have 5+ years’ progressive payroll processing experience including management/supervisory experience.
- Multi-state employer payroll experience
- Ability to manage, mentor, coach and develop others.
- Experience processing complex multi-location, multi-state, union and non-union payrolls, strongly preferred. Experience processing Canadian payroll a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including payroll systems and Microsoft Office products. Experience with Ulti-Pro SuccessFactors and/or Kronos a plus.
- The Payroll Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, or Business preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer