Our client is a global manufacturing company that is looking to add an Internal Auditor to their team. This person will lead or support internal audits globally. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a high quality team-oriented culture, flexible work environment and travel, newly remodeled office and strong benefits for its employees. The company prides itself on providing the tools and training necessary for their people to succeed. This position will work a hybrid schedule in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Internal Auditor will serve as a team member on internal audit engagements on a worldwide basis. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The Internal Auditor will examine records, documents, transactions and methods for accuracy to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Inspect accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
• Collect and analyze financial and operational data in order to test the adequacy of internal controls, verify compliance with operating procedures or regulatory requirements and evaluate the effectiveness of business processes.
• Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
• Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for management.
• Consult with management on risks, controls and best practices.
• Support external audit testing requirements.
• The Internal Auditor will conduct interviews of business personnel and management team.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
The Internal Auditor will possess the following:
• The Internal Auditor will have 2+ years of relevant internal audit experience; public accounting and or large company industry experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Internal Audit Standards and GAAP required.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization.
• Strong computer skills including Excel and audit management software.
• The Internal Auditor will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or other business related field.
• CPA Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer