Our client is a large, reputable manufacturing company in the greater Appleton-Oshkosh-Neenah area that is currently looking for a Fixed Asset Supervisor to join their team. They are looking for someone eager to learn and grow as this position is newly created within the company. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance, long tenured employees, strong benefits, and significant opportunity for advancement throughout the organization. This individual will be hands on with additions, disposals, transfers, etc. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain management experience. This person will work a hybrid schedule with great flexibility offered when needed.
The Fixed Asset Supervisor will be responsible for fixed asset accounting for multiple companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guide and assist in fixed asset additions, disposals, and transfers.
- Monitor fixed asset e-mail box creating internal orders upon request.
- Manage and reconcile Capital projects working directly with plant project managers for the organization.
- Guide and lead staff with required changes to assets directed by the tax department to take advantage of various governmental initiatives.
- Responsible for the month-end close processes including performing journal entries, recurring entries, reconciliation of accounts and balance sheet review books as it relates to fixed assets.
- Understand fixed assets book and tax requirements for the company’s US and foreign locations.
- Aid with testing relating to system issues, upgrades, loading or conversions.
- Review fixed assets to ensure correct Governmental tax depreciation keys and lives are assigned.
- Provide requested fixed asset reports and information to the tax department for income tax purposes.
- Perform month end fixed asset reconciliation by plant.
- Prepares and reviews reports and data, monitoring for accuracy and completeness.
- Reconciliation of fixed assets for each SAP go-live.
- Perform review of fixed asset transactions across the company for adherence to Corporation fixed asset policies.
- Other projects as requested.
The Fixed Asset Supervisor will possess the following:
- The Fixed Asset Supervisor will have 5+ years of related experience.
- Basic knowledge of financial statements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including strong Excel skills.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and research problems related to the accounting function
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Equal Opportunity Employer