Location: Rolling Meadows
Sector: Accounting & Finance
Employment Type: Permanent
Job ID: 38144
Date Added: 06/05/2023
Our client is a very profitable growing global Insurance company in the Greater Chicago area that is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. This position offers a lot of variety with exposure to many areas of the company. The company boasts a fun team-oriented culture, strong benefits, flexible schedule and great work/life balance. There is significant opportunity for advancement throughout the organization. This position will work a hybrid schedule with some days in office and some days working from home.
The Financial Analyst will be a key contributor to the corporate finance team and interact with the global finance team and Corporate functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Financial Analyst will conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Evaluate complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Assist in the annual budget process, both at Corporate and in the business units.
- Assist in the quarterly forecast process, both at Corporate and in the business units.
- Produce daily and monthly reports, which include operational metrics, financial results, sales reporting and variance reporting.
- Assist in the annual financial and bank audits of the Company’s financial statements.
- Support Corporate Functional leaders through business partnership and ad-hoc reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties as needed.
The Financial Analyst will possess the following:
- The Financial Analyst will have 1+ years’ relevant experience; public accounting experience a plus.
- General accounting experience with strong GAAP and financial statement experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products. Experience with SAP and/or OneStream preferred.
- The Financial Analyst will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer