Our client is a financial organization in the Madison area looking for an Accountant II. This company is looking for someone with 3+ years of accounting experience, strong team player, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This company offers growth opportunities, strong benefits, and a hybrid work environment.
The Accountant II will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Assist with tax reporting elements.
- Train and act as a mentor to new accountants.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for multiple entries and departments.
- Participation in month end close process.
- Review recurring and adjusting journal entries.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
The Accountant II will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CPA preferred.