Our client is a large Manufacturing Company that is currently looking for a Director of Procurement to join their team. This role will focus on procurement of a variety of things such as hardware and software, services, set-up and compliance of many areas, and business lines. This position comes with fantastic benefits including free health insurance and a great retirement plan.
The company boasts a high-quality team-oriented culture, strong benefits, and provides their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Director of Procurement Services will be responsible for effectively managing all tactical and strategic procurement and vendor management functions. You will also be responsible for:
• The Director of Procurement Services will lead the organization’s purchasing/procurement function to minimize the organization’s overall purchasing costs.
• Responsible for designing and implementing the policies that control the organization’s procurement/purchase of supplies, software, equipment and services.
• Evaluate, negotiate, and manage the most complex or strategically important supplier and vendor relationships.
• Identify, evaluate, and capitalize on opportunities to reduce purchasing costs.
• Establish purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures that will achieve the strategic objectives.
• Monitor vendors, participating and leading bids for services and goods and publishing corporate purchasing and vendor policy expectations and requirements.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining a robust corporate purchasing department.
• Other special projects and responsibilities assigned as needed.
The Director of Procurement Services will possess the following:
• 10+ years of progressive finance/accounting experience. Experience working for a company with a government entity or a company that has complied with government regulations is required.
• 3+ years of experience in procurement.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
• The Director of Procurement Services will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Equal Opportunity Employer