Our client is a rapidly growing commercial real estate company that is currently looking for a Director of Accounting to join their team. This person will be hands-on and a key asset to the senior leadership group by developing and implementing people and process improvements enabling the company to continue to grow. Endless opportunities to shine! The company boasts a fun team-oriented culture and strong benefits. This position will offer the opportunity of a flexible work schedule – a combination of days in office and remote work each week! This company is located in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Director of Accounting will play a critical leadership role in the finance and accounting function supporting the Company’s strategic priorities. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Director of Accounting will Help lead the day-to-day operations of the Accounting department, supporting treasury, sales, purchasing, and financial reporting business cycles and serving as a key liaison to other departments
- Lead global consolidation of international accounting and reporting on a monthly basis, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP and statutory accounting requirements.
- Develop advanced and supplementary financial reporting to better serve Sales, Delivery, and Operations teams and provide key insights to support organizational decision-making
- Act as a financial resource on a consistent basis, collaborating with the accounting team and other departments in discovering creative solutions to improve overall business processes and performance
- Help lead the monthly close process
- Help train and develop accounting staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external and regulatory audits
- Assist with technical accounting matters as they arise on an ongoing basis, documenting accounting considerations and conclusions to support accounting treatments
- The Director of Accounting will perform other duties and complete special projects as required.
The Director of Accounting will possess the following:
- The Director of Accounting will have 6+ years accounting experience. Prior public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Work experience in SOX or other control-focused environments preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience along with strong leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- The Director of Accounting will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer