Our client is a manufacturing organization in the Janesville area looking for a Cost Accountant. Our client is looking for someone with 2+ years of experience, excellent organizational, problem solving, and analysis skills. This company is family owned and very involved in their community. This position is in office.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain product standard costs
- Create and maintain all bill of materials
- Analyze costs of all inputs within a bill of material
- Generate and analyze purchase price variance reports
- Preparation of cost of goods sold and production reports for month-end
- Prepare estimates of new and proposed product costs for all potential new products.
- Maintain standard costs and all production components in an ERP system.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, inventory control, and production.
- Prepare all costing-related and standard to actual variance-related journal entries at month end.
- Perform month-end close activities related to cost accounting.
The Cost Accountant will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field required.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Well organized and detail orientated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.