Cost Accountant (33757)
Our client is a rapidly growing manufacturing company that is currently looking for a Cost Accountant to join their team. This is a newly created role due to growth! They are looking for someone who is motivated and wants to grow in their career. There is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company was voted a Best Place to Work in 2020 and boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. This position will work a Hybrid schedule in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for performing manufacturing cost accounting activities for the company. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Cost Accountant will determine, analyze and report costs of products and record results.
- Review and analyze variances to standard cost.
- Analyze changes in raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to product costing.
- Analyze production/sales and report vs budget or latest best estimate.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Providing cost reporting to aid in management decisions.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget for the organization.
- Assist the Senior Cost Accountant in analyzing and reviewing SKU profitability.
- Prepare various internal and external reports.
- The Cost Accountant will assist with other duties and special projects as needed.
The Cost Accountant will possess the following:
- The Cost Accountant will have 1+ years’ accounting experience, public accounting and/or manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. Experience with SAP systems a plus.
- The Cost Accountant will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Equal Opportunity Employer