Our client is a construction organization in the Milwaukee area looking for a Controller. Our client is looking for someone who has 8+ years of accounting experience, a construction background and strong leadership skills. This company has an awesome team with growth opportunities. This position is in office.
The Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversees and executes daily operations and functions of the Accounting Department.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Manage monthly financial close.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements and reports daily cash balance.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports.
- Post AR and AP monthly and weekly journal entries.
- Manages organization tax compliance.
- Manages fixed assets.
- Performs related duties at requested.
The Controller will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or closely related field
- 8+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience in construction industry.
- Strong leadership skills.
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills