Our client is an organization in the Janesville area looking for a Controller. This company is looking for someone with 5+ years of accounting experience, is a strong team player with the ability to operate in a cross-functional organization, and detail oriented. This position is a highly visible role in a growing company that offers strong benefits. This position is in office.
The Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Guides financial decision by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Prepares reports and forecasts companies business activities and financial positions.
- Manage preparation of monthly reforecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans.
- Directs determination of depreciations rates and applies to capital assets.
- Plans studies and collects data to determine costs of inventory transactions.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory accounts in general ledger.
- Provides management with reports as needed.
- Presents financials on a monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as needed.
The Controller will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- 5+ years of accounting/financial analysis experience.
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Organized, detailed orientated and executes with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.