Our client is a healthcare organization in the Milwaukee area looking for a Controller. Our client is looking for someone with 5+ years of accounting experience, has their CPA certification, and an analytical mindset. This company offers a highly mission driven organization, long tenure throughout the company, and flexibility. This role is remote. *Must live within 100 miles of the Milwaukee area.
The Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Handle all financial statement prep, analysis, annual budget, strategic planning and reporting.
- Prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
- Management of 4 staff members.
- Support grant dollars; accounting, controls, and approvals.
- Direct preparation of budgets.
- Act as the financial liaison for multiple areas within the company.
- Arrange for audits of company’s accounts.
The Controller will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field.
- 5+ years’ of accounting experience.
- CPA certification required.
- Must live 100 miles from Milwaukee.
- Grant accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills