Our client is looking for a consultant to assist with bringing their business from strictly cash accounting to accrual-based accounting. Also, our client is looking to develop more sophisticated reporting and analysis capabilities for making data driven business decisions. The company will also need assistance on an on-going basis for maintenance and continuing business analysis.
The role is full-time but also open to candidates looking for part-time hours.
Ideal candidate will be at a Controller level. Must haves:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience working in service-oriented industry such as consulting, law firm or other commission-based organization
- Ability to develop analytics and reporting
- Customer service mind-set: answering commission questions for sales team, proving reports to leadership for business decisions
The Controller reports to the business owner and is responsible for all accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial statements, budgets, cash forecasts, and file maintenance.
Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with customers, subcontractors/vendors, and employees. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Audit invoice entry to A/P system
- Processing of supplier payments
- Administering automatic payments
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Production monthly recurring billing
- Audit work order billing
- Application of customer payments
- Process weekly payroll entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare general ledger journal entries
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Financial Statements, including reconciliation of all Balance Sheet Accounts
- Administration of corporate credit card charges
- Assist management in budgeting process