Accountant – A/R & A/P (38672)
Our client is a very reputable insurance company that is looking for an Accountant to join their team. This position will focus on the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and be responsible for dealing with a mixture of active and cancelled policy transactions daily and handle the cash flow, A/R and A/P associated with them. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance, and strong benefits. This position is currently working in the office in the greater Milwaukee area.
The Accountant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Accountant will prepare monthly financial reporting and assist with transmission of monthly financial results.
- Prepare monthly cession statements of captive and non-captive premiums and losses for assigned accounts.
- Perform required accounting for reinsurance premium and excess losses.
- Preparation of cash requests.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and budget analysis.
- Assist with month-end, quarter end, and year end close processes as needed.
- Establish communication contacts and solve minor problems with internal and external accounting contacts including agents, insureds, and claims contractors.
- Account analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with pulling necessary documentation for internal and external audits for SOX testing.
- The Staff Accountant will assist with other areas as needed.
The Accountant will possess the following:
- The Accountant will have 1+ years’ accounting experience. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated and working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel.
- The Accountant will have an Associates degree in Accounting preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer