Our client is a full-service accounting firm that is looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team. This is a newly created role due to company growth! They are looking for someone who is eager to learn and wants to be part of a great team. They are willing to train! This position is open to full-time or part-time candidates.
The company boasts a fun team-oriented culture and great work/life balance including “summer Fridays” They believe in providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for payroll processing and payroll taxes; bookkeeping activities including accounts receivable and accounts payable processes; and sales tax functions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts to general ledger.
- Summarize details in separate ledgers and transfer data to general ledger.
- Reconcile and balance accounts.
- Compile reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
- Calculate employee wages from records and prepare checks for payment of wages.
- Prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
- Complete records to or through trial balance.
- Work with accountants to complete year-end tax procedures.
- The Bookkeeper will provide back-up for other administrative duties as needed.
- The Bookkeeper will have strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn a variety of tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- An Associates or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field preferred with 2+ years of relevant experience.