Assistant Controller (38958)
Our client is a leading manufacturing company that is looking for an Assistant Controller to join their team. This position is a newly created role due to growth within the organization. There is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, strong benefits and great work/life balance. This position is currently working a hybrid schedule in the greater Appleton area.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Assistant Controller will assist with preparing reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Oversee management of accounts receivable (credit management, billings and collections, monitoring, etc.).
- Oversee management of sales and use tax compliance and reporting in the US, Canada, and the UK. Monitor changing compliance requirements.
- Record and reconcile bi-weekly payroll.
- Coordinate with external auditors and assist with audit and statutory reporting requirements.
- Provide training, mentoring, and oversight to a team of staff and senior accountant level direct reports.
- Ensure controls are in place, general ledger accounts are reconciled on a periodic basis and that overall data and system integrity as it relates to financial data follows GAAP and Company policies.
- The Assistant Controller will perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
The Assistant Controller will possess the following:
· The Assistant Controller will have 7+ years of applied accounting experience.
· Thorough understanding of GAAP.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization is required.
· The Assistant Controller will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer