Our client is a manufacturing company located north of the Greater Milwaukee Area that is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their team. This is a newly created role due to growth! With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for advancement within the organization. The company boasts a collaborative team-oriented culture, great work/life balance and strong benefits. This position is currently working on-site full-time.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for accounts receivable and other general and administrative duties. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist will prepare daily cash deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily.
- Enter finalized cash receipts and update accounts receivable ledger.
- Coordinate collection of appropriate data for reporting receivable issues to management.
- Process and apply daily accounts receivable deposits consisting of checks, wires, and credit card payments.
- Resolve past due account situations by arranging payment schedules or suspending credit, with approval of manager.
- Assist with contacting clients by phone and written communications to collect on past due accounts as needed.
- Maintain daily/monthly files of cash receipt documentation, adjustments, credit card accounts.
- Research and document customer deductions, unearned cash discounts, prepare requests for credit memos, tax adjustments.
- Maintain positive client and payer contact relationships.
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist will assist with other duties as needed.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will possess the following:
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist will have 2+ years’ related experience. Recent grads will be considered.
- Understanding of general accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office products including knowledge of Excel. Experience with ERP systems a plus.
- A degree in Accounting or Business-related field a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer