Our client is a reputable insurance company that is looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. This position will be hands-on with a lot of variety in the job! There is ample opportunity for advancement throughout the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, excellent work/life balance, competitive benefits, and long tenured employees. This position will work primarily in the office with some hybrid flexibility as needed.
The Accounting Supervisor will manage and control the accounting operations for the company’s accounts. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Accounting Supervisor will compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of client accounting.
- Provide accurate financial information that will contribute to the effective attainment of the company objectives.
- Recommend improvements to general accounting activities to ensure compliance with organizational procedures and policies.
- Business analysis of operations to identify process improvements within the accounting function.
- Direct account procedures to ensure prompt and accurate accounting services for the company’s clients.
- Monitor accounts to ensure timely and accurate collection and payment of monies owed.
- Supervise direct reports, make recommendations for performance management and disciplinary action. Train subordinates to achieve goals. In addition, contribute to the new employee selection process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Accounting Supervisor will have 3+ years’ related accounting experience. Knowledge of established accounting and related processing procedures required.
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or project management skills with a go-getter attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer