Our client is a successful manufacturing company that is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. The Accounting Manager will be hands-on and responsible for managing accounting functions and processes for the company. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, great work/life balance and strong benefits. This position is preferred to work on-site full-time in the greater Milwaukee area. This position comes with a great work/life balance.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Accounting Manager will record and analyze the company’s financial information.
- Manage the monthly close process and monthly financial reporting and analysis.
- Maintain accurate monthly forecasting and reconciliation of cash flows.
- Monitor the balancing of the Company’s bank account(s) completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monitor all payroll records and the maintenance of all required information concerning payroll.
- Monitor that all purchasing and costing information is completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- File and pay the monthly Sales and Use Tax reports and pay other vendors and credit cards.
- Monitor the preparation of the checks for all accounts payable accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare and participate in audits.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals including mentoring, motivating and developing the team for optimal performance and engagement.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
The Accounting Manager will possess the following:
- The Accounting Manager will have 4+ years’ accounting experience. Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial statements, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow, tax planning, and auditing.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
- CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer