Accounting Manager (38148)
Our client is a reputable automobile manufacturer that is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career and is ready to make an impact on a growing organization, with the track to grow within. The company boasts a collaborative team-oriented culture and strong benefits. This position will have the opportunity to work a mostly remote schedule, working a few days each month in the greater Chicago office.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all areas related to the daily accounting operations and financial reporting. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Accounting Manager will record and analyze the company’s financial information and ensure it’s done in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial reports and examine documentation in conformance with accounting principles and requirements.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury.
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Interface with auditors and tax preparers
- The Accounting Manager will assist with other duties as needed.
The Accounting Manager will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 6+ years of accounting experience in a leadership position.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in construction or engineering preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer