Our client is a leading insurance organization in the Madison area looking for an Accounting Analyst II. This company is looking for someone with 2+ years of experience, experience with depreciation, amortization and capitalization, and has a process improvement mindset. This company is extremely collaborative and offers great benefits and opportunities for growth. This position is hybrid.
The Accounting Analyst II will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepares components of annual audited financial statements, quarterly GAAP management highlights, and quarterly and annual statutory statements and associated supplemental filings.
- Prepares and files required information with external parties and specialized management reports.
- Assists internal and external audit staff with their annual financial audit, and with audits of specific systems or operations.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly journal entries and reconciles key general ledger accounts.
- Maintain procedures for all main supports for internal controls and annually reviews.
- Assist internal and external audit staff with annual financial audit and within systems or operations.
The Accounting Analyst II will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Public accounting experienced preferred
- CPA preferred
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Self-starter, able to balance conflicting responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills