Our client is a non-profit organization just south of downtown Milwaukee and they’re seeking an Accountant for a long-term contract (6+ months) to join their team. The ideal candidate will possess at least 3-5 years of bookkeeper or accountant experience with a Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Accounting preferred. The position is full-time in the office Monday through Friday. Please apply for immediate consideration.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records using accounting software and assist with closing books monthly.
- Reconcile bank statements and other financial statements regularly.
- Process accounts payable and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Manage accounts receivable, apply cash and handling of subscription revenue.
- Prepare regular financial reports for management, highlighting key financial metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of balance sheet and budgeting.
- Other accounting duties as assigned by the CFO.
- At least 3-5 years of bookkeeper or accountant experience required.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting preferred.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Proficiency in financial software and spreadsheets (e.g., Excel, accounting software).
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.